• 5 bacon strips, diced
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 cups water
• 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups 2% milk
• 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
• 1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
• 2. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add water, potatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
• 3. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into potato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle with bacon.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?